Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Whoo boy it's harder to keep up with the blog these days now that I am a workin' girl!

But I've still been up to all kinds of stuff, as usual, of course! For all interested parties, the "job" (otherwise known as on-the-job-training) is going really well. I have already learned so much, and it hasn't even been a month yet. It really is a dream come true. The only thing I don't like about my work is the bike ride there! It's a half hour ride, 70% of which is uphill. When I leave in the morning, I'm frozen. But by the time I get to work, I'm all sweaty and gross. Of course the way home is comparatively easy, and I can't complain too much because traveling by bicycle is free and gives me an hour of free exercise three times a week. I've had a few bumps in the road, so to speak, in the form of a flat tire and a screwed up wheel, but I now have contingency plans in place, so hopefully I'll get to work on time no matter what happens.

Anyhoo - this post is about something else -- the great Katherine Lynch! I bought tickets to The Hack of Ya" tour so long ago that I didn't realize it had become sold out! You'd never know that the Vicar Street theatre was so large inside, and while I thought I chose good seats, if I ever go there again, I'd definitely go for the balcony or the front tables instead.

The comedian opening the show was an Australian guy who's clearly been living in Ireland for some time, but for the life of me I can't figure out what the heck his name was. He was really funny though!

Katherine played several characters, including singing Bernie Walsh (my least favorite) and Sheila Chic (my most favorite). The jokes were raunchy and highly regional (if I hadn't been living here for two years, I wouldn't have understood a good percentage of the jokes), but the crowd was extremely enthusiastic and we had some hearty laughs. Here are some crappy photos I took with my phone:
Before the audience had filled in.

During the show.

At the final sketch.

My only complaint about Vicar Street is how freaking expensive the drinks are. I mean, it's great that you can enjoy a drink while you see the show, but zoinks! Next time we'll front load elsewhere and brink a flask.

Shockingly, there were only a handful of jokes that made me cringe a bit, but otherwise we had a fantastic time, and if you get the chance to see Katherine Lynch live, I highly recommend it.

No comments:

Post a Comment