Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Here I am, still trying to make more posts, even if briefly!!

Last night we headed over to free Comedy at Patriot's Inn. Actually, first we ate dinner in the restaurant upstairs, called La Dolce Vita. Since it's located in a touristy area (next to the Hilton, IMMA, and Kilmainham) so it's pricier than maybe what it should be, but I'll tell ya, I enjoyed the hell out of my pizza. It was some of the best pizza I've had since moving to this pizza-challenged country. The bruscetta featured heaps of tomatoes, and it was garlicy and tasty. However, stay away from the onion rings -- they aren't real.

Anyhoo, I don't actually remember the first comedian, and I tried looking it up just now but I can't find it anywhere. He did some funny bits about typography. The second comedian was someone I'd actually seen before, an American ex-pat named Aidan Bishop. He was trying out material for a new show, and it was actually just as fun to hear the jokes that didn't go so well as it was the ones that did. I think he'll be one to watch out for.

Today my work had a team building outing, and we took an excursion to The Battle of the Boyne in County Meath. The weather was absolutely stunning. First, we did the tour and learned a bit about the battle. Here's my co-worker, Roger, with a wax figure. You have to guess which one Roger is.
Here's Jenny having a laugh with a jolly soldier:
In fact, there were some well dressed characters there:

After a riveting film on the Battle of the Boyne, we had a little breakfast and coffee on the picnic tables, and then took a walk around the grounds.
It couldn't have been nicer out. In fact, I felt so content that I took a contented legs photo, as longtime readers know I am wont to do:
This photo didn't come out in any way scenic, but I'm throwing it in just for the hell of it:

Our walk was followed by lunch and a game of rounders. Then we lounged around on blankets under a tree until it was time to head back to Dublin. All in all, not bad for a day's work!

No comments:

Post a Comment