Tuesday, September 1, 2009

I'm a little behind the times! Last week Mark and I went with his father to the National Photographic Archive to see an exhibit of photographs of Dublin from the 50s and 60s. It was really cool to hear the commentary from both of them about what's changed since then.

We moseyed over to St. Audoen's Church. Remarkably, they still give services there. We took the free tour, which was quite interesting -- maybe more so because of the eccentric/possibly autistic guy also taking the tour. I took a few photos, which were surprisingly allowed.

The gate going up into the church:


The (40) steps going to the church (do you think those orbs are ghosts?):


Here's the steeple:


Part of the church that has been "de-roofed":





The interior. I thought the skull was cool and unusual:


The gigantic pipe organ, and the lectern:


Window ledge. Those tiles are OLD:


Under the steeple:


The view of the inside from the steeple:

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for reminding me about the photo display! I saw it advertised and then totally forgot about it. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure! Highly recommended.

    ReplyDelete