Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Well I have no complaints about my medical card this week. Since last Sunday, I'd been pretty sick (a stomach bug that morphed into a flu/strep infection/bronchitis), and finally after two sleepless nights I couldn't take the throat pain anymore and I literally counted the minutes to when the doctor's office opened. But when I called (with a VERY hoarse voice), they said they didn't have an appointment until the next morning. I knew there was no way I could wait that long. I'd taken 800mg of ibuprofen and it had barely made a dent in the pain. So I said no thank you and hung up the phone and cried. I was so feverish and tired, I didn't know what to do! That's when Mark informed me that I should just go into the doctor's office anyways. "That's how it works!" he explained. So, considering the Emergency Room as a second option, I showered, dressed, and stumbled down the road to try my luck.

Can I just say that I love my new doctor's office? The staff isn't always overly friendly, but the doctors are fantastic. After less than an hour's wait, I was seen, given two prescriptions, and after just one dose of the antibiotic, was feeling human again. Now if I could just stop coughing, that'd be cool. But for now, I'm in bed watching episodes of the Mighty Boosh.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you feel better soon! There's nothing like a scarily sick person in the waiting room to get lists moving!

    ReplyDelete