Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I like my apartment here in Dublin. It's in a quiet building, everything is brand new, and it has a nice little balcony with a table and chairs (which I look at longingly every time it rains, which is, did I mention, daily), and well, I love it for what it represents, which is my first apartment in Dublin. Mark did a great job finding it, given that he was in the middle of finishing classes and he had to do it all on his own.

However, since we rented it in December 2008 (with a one-year lease), rents have gone down A LOT. And at 975 euros (almost 1400 USD!!) for a small one-bedroom, this place is not cheap by any stretch. In fact, our dole money doesn't cover our living expenses, let alone our bills. Looking at Daft.ie, there are many many places we could get that are much bigger (with a garden, even) in the 700 to 800 range, in more convenient locations as well.

So now we're pondering our lease and wondering exactly what would happen if we broke it. Probably we are too chicken to do anything like that, but man is it tempting!

No comments:

Post a Comment