Thursday, July 16, 2009

On my plane ride home from the US, I sat next to a young guy from Texas who wanted to know if there was bad talk radio in Ireland like we have in the States. I said enthusiastically that there was PLENTY of bad talk radio! "Really?" He asked, "Like Rush Limbaugh kind of guys?" Well, no. No one can compete with Rush in terms of being total crap, I clarified. But it seems like no matter what time of the day, you can find talk radio shows where they go on and on and on. Particularly people arguing and interrupting each other.

For some reason my husband loves to listen to the Pat Kenny radio show. Why? I don't know, because every time I listen to Pat Kenny, it ends with me yelling at the radio until finally I can't listen to his bullshit for another second, and I put the headphones of my ipod on, muttering, "I can't! I can't!"

Here's Pat in action. If this were on American television, he probably wouldn't have a job right now:


So maybe Mr. Kenny isn't as bad as Rush Limbaugh, but man, he incenses me! How can a person be such a prick? I wonder if he is on the payroll of the causes he seems to support, like Shell.

And that's all I'll say about that.

Pat Kenny, gigantic blowhard.

1 comment:

  1. please note, i do not love pat kenny. its like listening to a completely scripted but still amateurish exercise in maintaining the ststus quo in every aspect of irish culture and politics possible

    ReplyDelete