Sunday, March 1, 2009

On Wednesday I went for a bike ride up to Fairview (well, actually Fairview is only about a minute up the street from my house). Mark had mentioned that there was a nice bike path along the water. So, feeling like I desperately needed to get out of the house, I headed out. And I am so glad I did! It was a nice and easy ride to a really pleasant view. I mean, yes some might be put off my the industrial view off in the distance, and the new buildings on the surroundings, but I was happy to take in the smell of the water and to be outdoors. I took some photos along my way:

moving "sailboat" sculpture (with my bike in the background)

the sun setting on the pathway

I'm not sure what this is for, except for kids to play with:

Low tide and factories:

This looks like it might have been used for something in years past:

Baths in the background:

Towards the end of my journey:

On the way back:


I'll definitely take this ride many more times in the future! And there seemed to be a bunch of cute shops and restaurants to check out on the way as well. By the time I got home, I was really glad I made myself leave the house.

5 comments:

  1. Sound like you're fitting in really well with the area and enoying the search and find adventures very much. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks quite a bit like the underknown Draw 7 park in Somerville, on the Mystic, way behind Assembly Sq.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello!

    I came across your blog looking for some info for my job search and thought it was interesting and how similar to my current experience it was. My wife and I packed our bags and moved here back at the beginning of January as we jumped at an opportunity to move to Dublin from our lives in Boston. I am sure you are going through the same fun and exciting and sometime difficult times that we are...while still managing to have some fun at the the pubs and such. We are loving it here and hope you are too! Drop me a note if you wish..its always fun to run into people from back home over here.

    -Josh
    jrosenbaum82@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy smokes! That's so cool! I will definitely send you an email. I pretty much never get comments from people actually living here, strangely enough!

    ReplyDelete